dry hopping caribou slobber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHawKS

Reaction score
Im a hop head who favors pacific northwest style beers & hops. I'm hoping to dry hop my Caribou Slobber to add flavor.

Here's what's in it:

1 oz US Goldings (60min)
1 oz Liberty (45min)
1 oz Williamette (15min

Im leaning towards 1 oz centennial but here are my other options:

6 oz Amarillo Pellet Hops
6 oz Simcoe Pellet Hops
3 oz Columbus Pellet Hops - 13.3% Alpha Acids
3 oz of Galena Pellet Hops - 13.2% Alpha Acids
3 oz of Nugget Pellet Hops - 12.4% Alpha Acids
3 oz of Summit Pellet Hops - 17.6% Alpha Acids
3 oz of Warrior Pellet Hops - 16.7% Alpha Acids
3 oz of Willamette Pellet Hops - 4.0%
1 oz Citra Pellet Hops

Thought/opinions appreciated.

:mug:

The Centennial would be good. I'm also a fan of Amarillo or Simcoe for dry hopping. Really good aroma and flavor from them. The Citra would also be really good I think.
Pellet hops are a bit of a pain to dry hop with, I've found that using a very tightly woven hop bag is best for me.
Do you have a better way of controlling the pellet residue?

I think you want to use a hop that "goes with" the profile that you have already created. The Willamette you used as your flavor hop really isn't all that Northwest as it is described to be vegetal, woody, and/or earthy. In my opinion your dry hop should compliment that profile as something that is completely out of left field might not seem right, like it was forced.

Thanks for your help guys! I dont want to screw up the profile too much, but I do want to add additional hops. You have given me some things to think about & I appreciate it.

personally i wouldn't mess with that recipe, it was great when i brewed it. i like hoppy west coast styles too, that's why i'm brewing tasty's "janet's brown" next. supposed to be a superb hoppy brown ale.

Latest posts

Back