Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Dry Hop..Does this look okay?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
buckhunt22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Dry Hop..Does this look okay?

I dry hopped (just tossed pellets in) a week ago and this is what the top of the carboy looks like. It started out as a solid green covering, but now what is left is not dropping to the bottom. First...this does not look like an infection, correct?

Second, can I bottle it like this, just be careful not to get those particles in the siphon?

I've never dry hopped before so I thought I'd ask. Thanks everyone.

dryhop.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
buckhunt22
Recipes 

Oops, the pic is rotated, but you get the idea....

Old 05-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
dozer5454
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Looks yummy. I have dry hopped this way a few times. The hops eventually settled to the bottom of the carboy. If you want to further clear it you could crash cool it after the dryhop schedule.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
marvinsjunk
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm bottling a gumballhead clone tonight that has been dry hopping for about 10 days. Looked just like this for the first 5 then it started to settle. I cold crashed for a day and between that and the little bit of jostling while moving it to the fridge, almost all of the hops settled out. There seems to be a nice compact layer at the bottom. We also made a voile sock to go over the siphon when racking and I don't expect to get any hops in the bottles. I'd say you're good.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
techbrewie
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

am i the only idiot who rotated his head as close to upside down to see the pic?
lol

anyways it looks fine, when you rack off just zip tie a hop bag to the end of your siphon. make sure it's loose too, if its too tight and causes too much resistance the siphone seal will break and suck in air through the outside of the tube.

Brew long and Prosper... May the wort be with you... Yippeekayay master brewers... You had me at free beer.

Quick Reply