Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Drinking my first beer!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #61
hethacker12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

good job and congratulations
If you become anything like me, any spare money and time will soon be devoted to brewing.

Beer is like luck... A real man makes his own.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #62
freddyj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Congrats! I bottled my first brew last Sunday, Autumn Amber Ale. I can't wait to pop the top on my first one.

tell her I'm not here....

Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #63
dbsmith
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Congrats! Have to say, get that auto-siphon and wort chiller though! Those were the last two integral parts of my brewery, and I have to say (redundantly), they make life much easier. Auto siphons are incredibly cheap anyway, so you might as well just get one.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #64
blades144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtBoI View Post
9Frogs is right! Just brew what you want, have fun and expect to make mistakes! I've been brewing off and on since 05' and trust me i've made quite a few mistakes and tried so many things!

One thing I would recommend is going all grain and kegging. Those two things where the biggest game changes for me and also most expensive. Might as well make the investment now cause once you start brewing you can't stop!

Congrats on the new hobby or should I say obsession... good luck an keep on brewing!
I totally agree about kegging. It's actually quite funny, now I got my kegerator back with the double tap (my lovely wife made me get it from my parents basement where it sat for 9 years) I actually bottle more than I used to.

You have to love a SWMBO that forces you to get your kegerator and put it in your dining room.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

Old 08-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #65
freddyj
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Drinking my first brew. Autumn Amber Ale. I'm very happy with the results. Pretty clear and very tasty. Extract brew. Fermented in my temperature controlled freezer. Cold crashed before racking.
forumrunner_20130823_202043.png

tell her I'm not here....

Old 10-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #66
JABBY
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Alright just remembered my password. And I just kegged for the first time about 20 minutes ago. A pumpkin ale. Hope it taste as good as it smells.

"Make sure that the beer – four pints a week – goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944

Quick Reply