Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > drink my beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
yeasty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default drink my beer

i would like to send a bottle of my first attempt in years to a member who will give me a critique. what i hope to accomplish is getting a second opinion to use as a good base line for reference. (like i dont know what an extract twang is and would not be able to identify off flavors). of course its all for fun. i would prefer to send one to somebody who has more than a few batches under the belt and can identify the obvious problems a noob might miss when it come to tasting day.

any takers ? first to respond with more than 1000 posts and a PM with the address gets it. (it is a simple brown ale that was in the primary 12 days and the secondary only 10 more. i also used about 1/2 the priming sugar i should have) this beer has been in the bottle one week.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
yeasty
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

wow that was fast ! i found a brave soul !!!! thanks !

Old 01-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have to say that your best bet might be to send it to a competition. You will get honest feedback. I am sure someone here will give good advice too but a comp is anonymous.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
GroosBrewz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnevoodoo View Post
I have to say that your best bet might be to send it to a competition. You will get honest feedback. I am sure someone here will give good advice too but a comp is anonymous.
I totally agree with carnevoodoo.. send it in to a competition.. entry fees are cheap and you will get a professional, certified, beer judge rate your beer... All competitions will send you scorecard back in the mail.... Hell, you might even win something.. go to beertown.org for a list of AHA sanctioned homebrew competitions

Tap 1- JubelAle Clone
Tap 2- Evening Bite Pale Ale
Tap 3- Twilight Clone
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Old 01-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
IanIanBoBian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

For most competitions does it matter if you live in the state that it is in or not? Could I submit beer to contests all over the place?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
yeasty
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIanBoBian View Post
For most competitions does it matter if you live in the state that it is in or not? Could I submit beer to contests all over the place?
i think they have a whole forum devoted to the subject but i havent really look at the threads yet. i wanted to get some opinions from fellow brewers before i embarass myself at a competition....

Quick Reply