Does Wheat Extract Beer have a bunch of fiber in it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash 2006

Reaction score
I think everyone knows where this is going. Every time I drink like six 12oz bottles in the evening I ending having to use the restroom several times in the morning. :confused:

The beer is fine and kicks my ass if I drink to many. Maybe it is not fine? I don't know... Smells and tastes good to me.

If you are drinking a wheat beer in the traditional fashion, cloudy and fully of yeast I'm willing to bet it's the yeast that is giving you the cleansing the next day.

+ 1 on the yeast being the culprit (or hero) here. Yeast is actually very good for you and full of vitamins and cleansing restorative powers.

Do you mean it has not finished fermentation? I let my beer sit in the primary for a week and the secondary for two weeks or more. I usually don't check the gravity as I let it sit for so long on this beer type. It typically is completely fermented in ten days when I did check it, so that is why I quit.

I used a new yeast which is the Safale for wheat beers. I used Munton's Standard Ale Yeast for the previous batches. I can tell there is more of a spicy bitter taste with the Safale, not sure if I will use that again. There should not be a problem using Munton's yeast in a wheat beer correct? It makes it drink a lot smoother.

I dont think its a problem using Safale or Muntons in a wheat beer. It would be more of an american style wheat instead of a Wit or Heffe.

Well, I get the squirts if I drink 6 of any beer (well, if it is more substantial than Bud). With unfiltered, (ie, any homebrew and most good wheats) I end up with an increase in gas.

Do you mean it has not finished fermentation?

No. Any beer that is unfiltered and unpasteurized contains live, albeit dormant after fermentation, yeast. Why do you think you can add sugar for priming and it gets carbonated?

Wheat beers are no different although commercial wheat beers tend to include the yeast because it goes so well with the beer.

I repeat though, this is a good thing.

Do you mean it has not finished fermentation? I let my beer sit in the primary for a week and the secondary for two weeks or more. I usually don't check the gravity as I let it sit for so long on this beer type. It typically is completely fermented in ten days when I did check it, so that is why I quit.

I used a new yeast which is the Safale for wheat beers. I used Munton's Standard Ale Yeast for the previous batches. I can tell there is more of a spicy bitter taste with the Safale, not sure if I will use that again. There should not be a problem using Munton's yeast in a wheat beer correct? It makes it drink a lot smoother.

If you don't take readings you should leave it in the primary for 2 weeks just to be safe. Then go to secondary

When stationed in (the former) FRG, we noted "weizenfarts" the day after drinking hefe.

When I resumed the brewkettle this year there was a couple weeks there where my body got used to the live yeast again. I drove with the windows open.

When stationed in (the former) FRG, we noted "weizenfarts" the day after drinking hefe.

When I resumed the brewkettle this year there was a couple weeks there where my body got used to the live yeast again. I drove with the windows open.

LMAO!!! I'm in the same boat. I'm coming back to brewing after a 13 year hiatus and woke myself up in the middle of the night a couple nights ago with an especially, um, let's say 'fragrant' "weisenfart." Luckily my wife slept through it.

Back