Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Does brewing cause you to drink more beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #31
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2307 Times on 2008 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

^^Sounds like me. When I was a teen/young man,Bud was da chit,mang. Now SNPA is my fav goto. but lately,since I quit drinkin beer everyday,I do like you said & pick up a 6'r or two of something different. Today for instance,I got another 6'r in cans of Oskar blue's Dale's pale ale & a 6'r of SA Winter Lager. The label says it's a dark wheat bock with spices like Great Lakes Christmas ale. I'll see how it is in a couple hours.
Sounds interesting at the least. But man,do I wish Stroh's would brew there Bock beer again. It was so popular around here at that time,even Pizza Hut had it on tap by the pitcher.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #32
thadius856

Recipes 

Liked 602 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
^^Sounds like me. When I was a teen/young man,Bud was da chit,mang. Now SNPA is my fav goto. but lately,since I quit drinkin beer everyday,I do like you said & pick up a 6'r or two of something different. Today for instance,I got another 6'r in cans of Oskar blue's Dale's pale ale & a 6'r of SA Winter Lager. The label says it's a dark wheat bock with spices like Great Lakes Christmas ale. I'll see how it is in a couple hours.
Sounds interesting at the least. But man,do I wish Stroh's would brew there Bock beer again. It was so popular around here at that time,even Pizza Hut had it on tap by the pitcher.
Don't care for the SA Winter Lager myself.

But I'll choke down a few cans if you can't tolerate them.

Thadius Miller, Project Manager -> RaspberryPints

Before you build a keezer, look at this!
Chest Freezer Spec Sheets and Layout Drawings (15 models and counting)

Old 01-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #33
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

We'll know for sure in a bit here. Just gotta shake down the extra large coffee I just finished a bit ago. Gunna try the SAWL first,as I don't want the Dale's pale ale soaked into my mouth before going to that one.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #34
the_trout
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 54

less total intake for me but much greater variety and much greater cost per bottle.

Unearthly IIPA
Bottles
RIS
American Black Ale
CT-A3 - Centennial Amber
Upcoming
Imperial Amber
English Bitter

the_trout on untappd

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2205 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 2240

I really enjoy higher end beers and mostly brew 'more expensive' styles. When I've got 8 cases of saison in the cellar, it's not hard to open an extra bottle or two as compared to what I'd drink it it cost me $10 a bottle.

Once my sour and Brett finished pipeline gets going, I'll be in trouble.

Why spend 5 minutes reading when you can just start another thread?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #36
justkev52
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 587

No. Usually less. You don't have to chug a 12 pack to get a buzz.
Just slowly enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #37
wormraper
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I drink a good chunk more. I've always had GOOD taste in beer (translate a lot more expensive than that cheap crap in grocery stores) so I could never afford to drink as much as I liked. Now that I'm brewing I'm ALWAYS making something new and I can rack up a nice surplus of beer. now that I MAKE good beer I have it around all the time instead of budgeting 1 nice six pack or a couple bombers a week....

Old 01-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #38
Fennis
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
I drink a good chunk more. I've always had GOOD taste in beer (translate a lot more expensive than that cheap crap in grocery stores) so I could never afford to drink as much as I liked. Now that I'm brewing I'm ALWAYS making something new and I can rack up a nice surplus of beer. now that I MAKE good beer I have it around all the time instead of budgeting 1 nice six pack or a couple bombers a week....
That is why I like to venture out and try a 6 pack of something new each time I go to the stores, to keep up a variety and to challenge myself to brew something as good if not better than I can buy in the store. The only way I know I can do that is if I go out and buy something I've never had. This has also allowed me to figure out the types of beer I do not like, such as wheat beers.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #39
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

When it comes to wheat beers,I like Franziskaner Weissbier. It has little of that banana or clove thing going on. Tastes like clean,organic sweet wheat kinda thing to me. Plus the lighter amber green bottles make my ales look good. They also seal well.

Quick Reply