Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Does anyone experience with gluten free extract?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Sea_of_Shells
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Does anyone have experience with gluten free extract?

My brewing partner's wife has Celiac Disease, and unfortunately can't have gluten. Before she ws diagnosed, she was a major beer lover. She's been drinking cider and GF beer since she was diagnosed, but there isn't a single GF beer that's even close to drinkable. We were thinking about brewing a gluten free beer with sorghum extract for her birthday. Is this ill advised? I'm thinking we'll make something akin to an IPA, and even if it's not very good, she'll still love the gesture.

Have you guys ever brewed with sorghum, or millet? Is there a good recipe out there for a decent GF beer?

Cheers,
Travis

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Calichusetts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 222 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 600

There is a GF forum on here, try brewing with quinoa...one of my favorite DFH is a quinoa beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply