Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Do American's have an imature beer taste palate?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #111
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3613 Times on 3291 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno1ryno View Post
I am just wondering if, in general, do most Americans have unexperienced beer palates? We are so accustomed to Buds, Coors and Miller Lites that anytime we drink a European beer or IPA with a full body, the initial taste reaction is unexpected.

Does an American need to learn how to drink world wide beers with unique taste profiles?
We can buy a wide variety of beer in the US. We've more imports and more domestics than any one of us, hell, any 10 of us, can name. The grocery store here sells beer made in USA, Germany, Australia, Canada, England, Mexico and several other countries. That's just the grocery store. The same one that sells toilet paper.

Even sticking to domestics only, we've a myriad of styles to choose from. Check out the offerings of Shiner, Rahr and Sons, Saint Arnolds, Real Ale and Abita. And that's not even the start of a list. That's just naming a few.

Then you figure the range of home brew supplies available. The books. The internet.

We Americans are awash in beer. I wouldn't be surprised if the next time it rained, it came down in bottles and cans, and no two alike.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply