New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > This is disgusting...is this an infection?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #41
james138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Cool guys, thanks for the advice. I kind of said F it and racked it over to the secondary. It doesn't smell bad it just looks bad, but then again I've only made three batches so far, so I don't know what I'm looking for. It tastes like an Imp Hef but it also has a very strong alcohol taste. Will that mellow out at all or is that a sign that there could be a potential problem?
The beer is very, very dark almost black. Is that the true coloring for imperial Hef?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #42
Tenspeed
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post
So this is the same beer 12 days later. This looks so gross. Should I try racking it to a secondary?

Attachment 73486
If you want to see nasty you should check out the "Post your infection" thread in the wild/lambic section. Just remind yourself that it isn't nasty unless it can hurt you, and nothing that grows in your beer can kill you.

This is life at its very best, making you something that not only tastes great when it's done but that makes you feel good too. It's beautiful!

Ten

#1: Empty
#2: EdWort's Apfelwein
Mr. Beer: Empty
Bottled: Cherry Apple Cider, Red Ale

Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #43
Kingfish
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Cool guys, thanks for the advice. I kind of said F it and racked it over to the secondary. It doesn't smell bad it just looks bad, but then again I've only made three batches so far, so I don't know what I'm looking for. It tastes like an Imp Hef but it also has a very strong alcohol taste. Will that mellow out at all or is that a sign that there could be a potential problem?
The beer is very, very dark almost black. Is that the true coloring for imperial Hef?
1) Why are you using a "seconday"?
2) What yeast and what were your ferm temps? Was ferm temp stable?
3) Recipe?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #44
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Imperial=high alcohol content=more time needed. Brewing should not be this stressful for you.rdwhahb.

Quick Reply