Okay guys, I need some input on whether I should do a diacetyl rest now or later. I've read things that say you should raise the temperature late in the primary fermentation stage, after you've had about 75% attenuation to clean up diacetyl.
Right now I'm at around 1.024 from an OG of 1.054 brewing a Harp Clone which is close to 75% of the expected attenuation (it started fermenting in the wee hours of Monday I assume) . I'm using Saflager S-23 yeast, and I definitely have a diacetyl flavor in the beer as it stands. I've been fermenting at 54 F, which is right around the temperature that the S-23 is listed. So the question is, do I raise the temperature now, or do I wait for 5-7 total days and then raise the temperature? What temperature is suggested? 65 F? I want to do the rest over the primary yeast sediment, correct?