dead ringer fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjb999

Reaction score
Brewed a 5 gallon batch of dead ringer on Sunday. used a starter made from white labs 001 yeast.by Monday morning, fermentation was crankin. slowed a little by Tuesday and today,its slowed even more. Temp on bucket surface is 68. My OG was 1070. My question, I'm thinking of adding a little biotin nutrient. Any opinions?? My reason is I think (this is only my second effort) the biotin will help the yeast do their job on the fermentables?? But IDK.

thanks

Please don't post duplicate threads. Thanks! You can always edit your other post to include any other questions you'd like to ask!

I brewed this in extract form a few months ago, using the WLP001 and a 2l starter. I oxygenated with an aquarium pump/hepa filter. With in hours I had fermentation, and had to use a blow off tube (it was a very active fermentation). After about 48 hours fermentation slowed quite a bit, and was steady for a few days. I left it in primary 3 weeks. OG 1.060/FG 1.012/Ferm Temp 68deg

I'd say leave it be and let the yeasties do their thing. Maybe take a hydrometer reading every few days to see where its at. Personally, I pitch the yeast, put it in the ferm chamber and forget about it for a few weeks.

Back