Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Curious in bottle carbonation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #11
Throckmorton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Go figure... I just popped a couple tonight and they form a beautiful head. Just a few days ago this was not the case. I opened a third just to be sure. I guess what you guys are consistantly saying about "giving it time" is the key. Patience and homebrew together are virtue.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

That foam on top originally was bottle krauzens,,,,just the yeast doing their job and carbing the bottles....most people walk away from their bottles in a closet for 3 weeks and never notice it....

Read this for more info on bottling,,,and watch the video http://www.homebrewtalk.com/558191-post101.html

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #13
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
planned on drinking one every sunday till they seem ready
I do this and find out that once they are at their BEST . . .there are none left because I start drinking them with joy after 3 weeks. Then once Week number 6 or 7 come around and they are REALLY good . . . I have 4 left.

THUS - brew a TON of batches so this will not be a problem.

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at 85 degrees as I type.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 AM   #14
CGengo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlokJoel View Post
later on i got my beer glass ready, got the bottle opener ready , and proceded to pop the top off , the whole time waiting for the "hiss", soo....here i go...POP....and the whole top INCH of the bottle came off in my hand!.... so...i would assume that the bubbles were from the crack in the neck!heh....

Oh well...the next one is in the fridge...i just hope i didnt crack all the necks with my Hulk like strength!
Nice! The same thing happened to me when I was bottling my last batch...darn bottle just didn't feel right under the capper so I went to pull the capper off and pop, off comes the top inch of bottle. Oh well, this stuff happens.

Quick Reply