Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Cracked open the growler and...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
joerockt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cracked open the growler and...

I have made beer!

Ok, so its only been just over a week since I bottled, but I am VERY happy with the results so far. The taste of the Amber Ale I brewed is great. It almost has a Sammy Adams BL taste to it. Has a good amount of carbonation, but I'm sure when I give the rest of the batch another week or 2 it should be better. Clarity is decent I guess for an Ale and considering the fact that I didnt use any clarifier's.

The only thing I noticed is the "mouthfeel" I guess would be the term. I dont want to say it feels watered down, because it sure dosent taste that way. But it dosent seem as "thick" as I am used to. Any ideas on that one?

American Brown Ale - 2/11/07
Secondary:
AHS Blonde Ale - 2/18/07
Primary:
None

Planned:

Last edited by joerockt; 01-10-2007 at 11:42 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 373 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Let it fully carbonate before judging the mouthfeel too much. That makes a huge difference.

Congrats on a successful brew! Now, put the beers away, give them another two weeks, and you'll be amazed how much *better* they are...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
joerockt
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Let it fully carbonate before judging the mouthfeel too much. That makes a huge difference.

Congrats on a successful brew! Now, put the beers away, give them another two weeks, and you'll be amazed how much *better* they are...
Yep, you were exactly right. Its been almost 4 weeks now and the carbonation is perfect.
American Brown Ale - 2/11/07
Secondary:
AHS Blonde Ale - 2/18/07
Primary:
None

Planned:

Quick Reply