Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Cracked open first AG bottle tonight!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
mjackson
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Cracked open first AG bottle tonight!!!

I just cracked open my first all grain bottle. It has only been conditioning for the past week. I wanted to open i bottle a week until 3 weeks (hopefully it will be good and ready then). It is a kind of hybrid brew that I created from several different brew. I was looking for a good light bodied beer that was easy drinking for swmbo.

Color is great, taste is awesome and had good carbonation for about 4 minutes then went flat. I was surprised at the amount of head it was perfect. I was really nervous because this was my first AG brew but all worked out well. I am sure that these will only get better over the next two weeks.

One of my best friends tried one with me, he is very hard to please and he wanted another.

I was so worried I F^&%#$ something up!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
alpo
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Congrats. Of course it will only get better. People say you shouldn't even taste it until 3 weeks, but I don't think it hurts to taste them early, especially when you are first starting out, so you can see the progression. You don't want to drink a bunch of them early because that is just a waste.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
KingPellinore
Recipes 

Congratulations!

I haven't made the leap to all grain, myself, but it's great to hear you pulled it off! The great thing about homebrewing is that it's its own reward.

Quick Reply