Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Couple questions (Chilling wort in reefer, autoclaving corny kegs)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
RocketBroom
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Couple questions (Chilling wort in reefer, autoclaving corny kegs)

Greetings all,
I'm getting ready to start my first extract brew in a few days but have a few questions on wort chilling.

I plan on doing my full boil in a stainless steel pressure cooker and was wondering if I could get it cooled down fast enough if I capped it, let it build up a tiny bit of pressure and then moved it into a 20 foot reefer set at 35f.
I could also have the lid on looser or stir it inside but there is a fair amount of airflow in these coolers.

If that won't work I can build an immersion chiller but that would force me to cool it in an outdoor environment.

I've done some searching about autoclaving corny kegs and there are a few posts that say you can but I was wondering about the details of autoclaving them. Do you throw the whole thing in or do you have to separate some of the components (like the orings).

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
Brek81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i would fill a large tub of water the day before hand in the reefer, so you can set the pot in that

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply