Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > a country without hops, brewers yeast or kits

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
0li
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default a country without hops, brewers yeast or kits

Yo

My flatmate and I, fed up of ****ty Middle Eastern beer, thought we would brew our own.

We turned to the internet, and discovered this fine forum. However we also discovered that bakers yeast isn't recommended for home brewing, that it is hops that make beer so goddam tasty and that brewing kits are recommend for beginners such as ourselves.

This is a bit of a problem, as none of the above seem to be available here. The postal service is also kinda non existent, ruling out buying it online, and while I was all in favor of getting it sent care of the embassy, my flatmate thought the ambassador would be unimpressed.

We have therefore reached an impasse. Can anybody help us with some kinda 'no kit, no knowledge, no ingredients recipe' please? ideally we'd like to end up with either a porter or some kinda larger type thing, though we'll settle for drinkable.

Thank you for your time, and I assure you that this is for real and alchools leagle here.

Chears (i hope)
Oli

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2103 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Most on line sites deliver by UPS or Fed-Ex anyway,so postal service isn't involved. Do you have either of those services in Syria?

Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
0li
Recipes 

We definitely used to have fed ex, but it might have been wiped out by the sanctions. We don't really have a street address, but I guess we could pick it up from the fed ex office.

I'll check it out, thank you

Old 09-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

Liked 2103 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

You're welcome. That's about your only option at this point. Doesn't hurt to ask...

Old 09-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I just googled, and couldn't believe it. So what's the nearest country with a homebrewing or at least a winemaking culture?

I did find through the backdoor 2 breweries in Syria.

Aleppo
Al-Chark Brewery
Not open to the public (as far as I know)
Meselmia Road
PO Box 217
Aleppo
Syria
Telephone: +963 21-4641507

Dimashq
Barada Beer Company
Not open to the public (as far as I know)
PO Box 7053
Dimashq
Syria
Telephone: +963 (11) 71 31 38

I would contact them and see if you can buy some grain, hops and yeast off them.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply