Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Corny Kegs and CO2 tanks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Kronin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Corny Kegs and CO2 tanks

This seems a pretty good deal to me.... since I have never bought any before and am considering setting up my spare fridge as a kegorator with two taps...
Can anyone with experience comment on this?

cheers,
he is asking $300 Canadian for all, and is semi local to me in the part of Canada I am in,....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Trenchant
Recipes 

Wow, I thought I recognized that picture! I saw the ad(I'm in Regina).

It does look like a pretty good deal. The general price range I've found around here is about this:

Cornies: $20-25 each from restruants
CO2 Tanks: $30-100 for a 20# (What he has there)
Regulator: $60-100
Capper/filler?

So his price there would be pretty much right in line with the cost to buy everything yourself, maybe a little lower. If you need all of that stuff I'd say go for it. It would definatley be a lot easier then piecing everything together.

One thing to check. Find out if those are pepsi CO2 tanks! If they are pepsi CO2 tanks no filling stations will fill them for you. Thats what I found atleast in Regina. They very well could be. Thats the same style regulator that pepsi uses in this area, he's using ball lock/pepsi kegs, and pepsi paints all of their tanks blue.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Kronin
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

thanks for the advice, I will probably keep looking since I only need one CO2 tank and 2 kegs, regulator, and hoses. I don;t mind spending the time to piece together what i need and save a bit more since i am laid off!
Cheers,

Quick Reply