Continuous Hopping - Yooper Chick Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbone

Reaction score
I took the following quote from a past post in a recipe by Yooper Chick.

"Hops were added as continous- first warrior only for the first 25 minutes just a few pellets at a time, then remainder all mixed together and continuosly added, starting at 35 minutes"

Does this mean that there are no finish hops? I am assuming that the Warrior hops are to be added for the first 25 min. as stated. Do I want to stretch the hopping out to last the whole 25 minutes? Do I then open the remaining hop packages mix them all up and start adding them ramdomly? Do I want to stretch these hops out so that they are being thrown in for the full 35 minutes? Does stretching the hopping out take care of the finishing? Lot of questions but thanks in advance.

I added the warrior a little at a time over the first 25 minutes, kind of evenly spacing them out until they were gone. Then I did exactly what you suggested- mixed up all the rest and put them in a pellet or two or three at a time until the boil was over, literally pretty constantly.

This way they act as the flavoring and finishing hops, and of course, then it was dryhopped later on.

This is still my all-time favorite of my homebrew recipes. I could live on this beer!

Thanks. I don't have the equipment for AG yet so another board member converted your recipe to a Partial Mash recipe. I should be AG by late winter but for now PM has to do. Looking forward to making this beer.

Back