Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Completed First Brew, Successfully!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
Jobe5217
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Completed First Brew, Successfully!!

Just tasted my first home brew! Brewed NB Caribou Slobber and it turned out pretty well after 3-weeks-primary and 2-weeks-bottled. Thanks to everyone who has left comments/answers on my previous posts, it was nice to have a place to turn to.

It tastes good, there is nothing "off" in the flavor that I can tell. The first bottle seemed a little strong, but the second bottle a day later tasted much better. I am pretty pleased with myself if I must say! I was pretty worried after reading about how little things can go wrong adding different unwanted flavors.

Woo-hoo for home brewing!
first-brew.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
tangovictor82
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe5217

Just tasted my first home brew! Brewed NB Caribou Slobber and it turned out pretty well after 3-weeks-primary and 2-weeks-bottled. Thanks to everyone who has left comments/answers on my previous posts, it was nice to have a place to turn to.

It tastes good, there is nothing "off" in the flavor that I can tell. The first bottle seemed a little strong, but the second bottle a day later tasted much better. I am pretty pleased with myself if I must say! I was pretty worried after reading about how little things can go wrong adding different unwanted flavors.

How many gals did you brew?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #3
freisste
Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe5217

They're so cute at this age!

Just kidding, bud. Congrats on the first brew. What's next? You gotta get the pipeline filled to help with patience. (Although it sounds like you did better than average if you waited two weeks from bottling - congrats on THAT!)
Old 07-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
Jobe5217
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangovictor82 View Post
How many gals did you brew?
5 gallons, came to about 46 12-oz bottles.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
Jobe5217
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freisste View Post
They're so cute at this age!

Just kidding, bud. Congrats on the first brew. What's next? You gotta get the pipeline filled to help with patience. (Although it sounds like you did better than average if you waited two weeks from bottling - congrats on THAT!)
Thanks, it was a tough wait! I am thinking of brewing the Dead Ringer IPA from NB next but I have yet to order it. I had planned on doing another as soon as my primary was available but you know how that goes.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
cheesehed007
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Cheers and congrats!

Old 07-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
kevinb
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe5217 View Post
Thanks, it was a tough wait! I am thinking of brewing the Dead Ringer IPA from NB next but I have yet to order it. I had planned on doing another as soon as my primary was available but you know how that goes.
Do like the rest of us, just get another primary fermenter. Welcome to the addiction.

Kevin - One Arm Brewery

"People who drink light ‘beer’ don’t like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Honda88 Likes This 
Old 07-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
MoonshineJane73
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Awesome; that's pretty good for your first batch. Here's to many more.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:40 AM   #9
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 597 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe5217 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
Do like the rest of us, just get another primary fermenter. Welcome to the addiction.
Or do even more! I now have three 6 gallon Better Bottles, one 5 gallon Better Bottle, one Bucket, and two 3 gallon water bottles. I have had up to four of them going at one time.

I also suggest getting a pipeline going. I also try a beer after 2 weeks but ALL of my beers have tasted better after 3 weeks. With more on hand it is easier to get to 3 weeks.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #10
TangoHotel
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 65 Posts

That's great that it turned out so well. Now I look back, my first Ipa was garbage compared to the last one I brewed up. Keep it up! What's next?

Get more fermentors. You're gonna need em!

Quick Reply