Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Competition Judging Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Kaleco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Competition Judging Question

I am about to enter my second competition, which is the first one I have entered that requires the BJCP recipe form. Does the recipe affect any part of the judging process? Why is it required? Will the judges reference it after judging to offer helpful critiques? And finally, if the judges can reference it, could they change their initial scores based on it?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I believe the recipes are only needed to make sure you're entering your beer into the correct category. If you enter into the wrong category, you're disqualified...so make sure you get it right. The recipes are also used for data logging I'm sure. Books like Designing Great Beers use information from past homebrew competition winners to tell it's readers what most winning recipes used for ingredients. So...I'm sure there's a way to access these recipes.

And I believe that once you've been judged, it's over. They can't go back and change it.

Another HERMS rig...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply