Cold Crashing How Too?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron_Blackhurst

Reaction score
Anyone have information on cold crashing. Also, is it something good to do with certain beers or just preference?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Move it to where the temp is 33-40*F and leave it there 4-7 days. OK.....now you've now crashed it. I do this with all batches.

Prime and bottle cold. If using a priming calculator, enter the highest temp the beer saw prior to crashing. Do not enter the crashed temp. After it's all in the bottling bucket, give it a very, very gentle stir with a sanitized plastic or metal spoon (no splashing) to evenly distribute the priming sugar. When the beer warms up in the bottles, the yeast will perk up and start eating the priming sugar.

it is a way to help sediment fall out of the beer. After fermentation drop the temp of the beer to just above freezing and leave it for a few days. then you can keg or bottle as usual.

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

Back