Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Cold crash in swamp cooler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
kevinb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Default Cold crash in swamp cooler

Is it possible to Cold crash in swamp cooler? I don't have a keezer so I was wondering if there is any benefit to trying to fill my swamp cooler with ice and holding it for a day or so. Has anyone ever tried?

Kevin - One Arm Brewery

"People who drink light ‘beer’ don’t like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb View Post
Is it possible to Cold crash in swamp cooler? I don't have a keezer so I was wondering if there is any benefit to trying to fill my swamp cooler with ice and holding it for a day or so. Has anyone ever tried?
no reason you can't do this. Just keep TONS of ice in it. Could get expensive, but otherwise it would essentially accomplish the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply