Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Cold bottle conditioning?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default Cold bottle conditioning?

So I found out last weekend that the beer for a homebrew competition I entered is kept refrigerated. I entered one of my beers that I had bottled the week before on a whim knowing that the tasting wouldn't occur until next weekend. It is a wheat beer that typically carbonates in as little as 5-6 days so that was my thinking. I don't need any lectures about how long you keep your beer in the bottle before drinking. I know this beer pretty well and I know that it carbonates very quickly . I'm drinking one right now and it is fully carbonated after 9 days in the bottle at room temperature (~72 deg F).

However, I am wondering if the beer is kept cool (~40 deg F) how much longer would it take to carbonate? Is there anyway to calculate this or does anyone have any experience with this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
MalFet
/bɪər nərd/
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1267 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 583

At 40F, the yeast will be pretty much dormant. Sorry man.

"Be excellent to each other." -Benjamin Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply