Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Clips for racking tube

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
ShackNasty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Clips for racking tube

My LHBS does not sell those fancy auto-siphon clips (those little guys the clip to the side of the bucket/carboy), and I was not about to pay approx $2 + $8 shipping for a piece of plastic. Call me cheap. Anyways, wandering around the store (Le Target) the other day I found these!

image-792374659.jpg

image-2512090724.jpg

12 of them for about $3, and why would anyone ever need 12?! Well I used one in my racking/bottling this past weekend and it worked great. Those little arches on top worked well to hold racking tube (1/2" od 3/8" id) in the bucket.
This may seem like a trivial problem to have and a relatively uneventful solution, but I was excited to find these little guys.
They were hanging out near the coat hangers/clothespins. Hope this helps someone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
davis119
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

WELL YOU AREN'T MISSING ANY THING WITH THE RACKING CANE CLIP. MINE DOESN'T HOLD IT SNUG I USE A TOOTH PICK As A WEDGE TO KEEP IT AT THE RIGHT HEIGHT

Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
ShackNasty
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I mean, the tubing was not a major problem for me, I guess I just like control. The toothpick seems like a good idea, especially if it works! When it comes to the actually cane it seems that many people suggest using a clothespin (could be plastic) with a rubber band ( to hold the cane to the clothespin) have you tried this?

Quick Reply

Newest Threads