Cleaning used grungy bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oxiclean soak overnight then rinse.

I just started using oxyclean and man that stuff is amazing, I put bottles in there to remove lables and it literally removes them for me, I pull the bottle out the next day minus the label. Except Rogue bottles and this outsourced beer that I bought at a rogue brewhouse that is made in England and has Braille on the label.

bottles.jpg

about 120 down and probably close to that left to do.. lucky so far that I have only had to toss 2 of them..one had a chipped mouth and one had a dead inhabitant ( mouse)....soak in bleach/ soap water, then the outside is scrubbed with a scotch brite and the inside is bottle brushed...inspected...bottle brushed...inspected...rinsed...inspected....bottle brushed.( you get the idea)... I figure I have these to the point I can rinse em..sanitize em and fill em.....funny I havent even started a brew yet lol.

I started with stubbys, then bombers, then 1L swing tops. Really, I don't miss the labor of cleaning hundreds of bottles. I feel for ya.

Back