Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Cleaning the fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
trainfever
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Cleaning the fermenter

I was packing away my brewing supplies until the next batch and noticed that the fermentation and bottling buckets had the smell of beer in them. When I cleaned them, I just rinsed them in hot water. I was afraid a soap residue might harm them. So how do you handle cleaning your fermentation and bottling buckets?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
ryan_boc
Recipes 

I use hot, soapy water and a good scrubber. Rinse it out well enough, and you shouldn't notice any sort of soapy residue.

Primary - nothing
Conditioning - nothing
Bottling - nothing
Drinking - nothing
Up Next - an IPA or a Mead

Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have used bleachy water and hot water with oxyclean. Hot PBW would work great too. I would not scrub since you do not want to scratch them. A soak an any of these things should take out enough of the old beer so that even if you can smell it, I doubt it will lend flavor to any future brew.

Quick Reply