Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Citra Pale Ale Recipe... TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #11
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 54

the other thing with continuous hopping is that every addition of hops is going to add bitterness depending on the time in the boil + boil size for more utilization of hops.. "my" home utilization im confortable with is 30% at 60min with a full boil so i base all hop additions off this.. that % goes down with time but i still count it as some bitterness will get extracted.. also as mentiond before you dont get the citra, amarillo ,simcoe aspect of flavour and aroma untill the later additions

Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #12
yeoitsmatt
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

this turned out pretty good. it was way better than the first citra i made... not nearly as bitter... its def a hop heads session beer for sure...although i wish it was slightly less bitter and had more hop flavor... im dry hopping my next one which should make for a better brew. thnx for all the replies. CHEERS!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Brew_4iT
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Nice, glad it came out well! I would say next time bump it up and do an IPA you'll find that citra makes a great IPA as well!

"Good people drink good beer" -- Hunter S. Thompson

“The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George...Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security.”
― Ron Paul

Quick Reply