Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Chicha! corn beer questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
Bonerrz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Chicha! corn beer questions

So this is my first post, and i have brewed a couple times before but never used corn for my grain and would like to give it a try! but i have a few questions that maybe you guys can help answer :]

so first off, I looked at a recipe that says to use red corn, or yellow corn... but im wondering, is it possible to germinate and use popcorn for the process? (only asking because i have a few pounds of unused popcorn in my cabinet and would like to use that instead of going out and buying some more corn).

also has anyone ever made chicha or any other types of corn beer before? and if so how does it taste? what flavor can you relate it too.. im very curious

thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
android
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

most people around here who have used corn use it as an adjunct for cream ale or american lagers. if you REALLY want to, you could try to malt the corn, but i'm not 100% sure that it would even work. just buy some flaked corn (or read up on using grits), it ain't that expensive. i would imagine you'd have a pretty untasty beer if you used all corn, many people can taste it if it's like 10% of the grain bill. but if you do make an all (or mostly) corn beer, let us know how it turns out.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply