Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Beginners Beer Brewing Forum (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/)
-   -   Cheap Kegs ? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/cheap-kegs-355157/)

WileECoyote 09-18-2012 04:07 PM

Cheap Kegs ?
 
Hello, anyone have a line on cheapest 5 gal kegs, pin or ball lock, right after purchasing a Monster Mill 2-2.0 , I just found and picked up a kegerator for $100 and need to get some kegs and a conversion kit (dreaming of a 3 tap tower) too.
Being that money is very tight now after buying the mill and some supplies to use it, Im looking for really inexpensive stuff.

Help? :confused:

Also any advice pin or ball? pros and cons? or is that really a preference/availability thing?

Thanks and Cheers:mug:

Yesfan 09-18-2012 04:21 PM

Check out this guy on eBay. link

That's where I got mine. I'd also try to get one or two more than what you need that way you can have some kegs on deck whenever any on tap kick out. Hope this helps.

WhiteEagle1 09-18-2012 04:22 PM

From what I've seen most people go with ball lock. Try searching Craigslist for kegs. The absolute cheapest I've seen is $35/ea.

WileECoyote 09-18-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesfan (Post 4422905)
Check out this guy on eBay. link

That's where I got mine. I'd also try to get one or two more than what you need that way you can have some kegs on deck whenever any on tap kick out. Hope this helps.

Thanks Yesfan, The shipping kills this deal, they are in Florida and Im in Arizona.

Cheers :mug:

WileECoyote 09-18-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteEagle1 (Post 4422906)
From what I've seen most people go with ball lock. Try searching Craigslist for kegs. The absolute cheapest I've seen is $35/ea.

Thanks WhiteEagle, Been looking on Craigslist for ever here, I have wanter to go with kegs from day 1, once in a great while I see a 15 gal keg for sale, but haven't seen any 5 gal ones yet.

Cheers:mug:

rifraf 09-18-2012 05:04 PM

For what it's worth, I find you really get what you pay for with kegs. By the time I factor in shipping I can usually get kegs from my local shop for 10 bucks more but I can look at them, inspect them, and get troubleshooting and return them should I need to.

ShinyBuddha 09-18-2012 05:07 PM

Check out the group buys section of the forum. There might be something going on in your area.

WileECoyote 09-18-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyBuddha (Post 4423024)
Check out the group buys section of the forum. There might be something going on in your area.

Thanks ShinyBuddha, I checked, Nothing within 1 1/2hr drive from me, I begging to think Im the only home brewer in Mohave Valley Az lol

Cheers:mug:

WileECoyote 09-18-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifraf (Post 4423018)
For what it's worth, I find you really get what you pay for with kegs. By the time I factor in shipping I can usually get kegs from my local shop for 10 bucks more but I can look at them, inspect them, and get troubleshooting and return them should I need to.

Thanks rifraf, the closest brew shop to me is 2 hrs away, with gas what it is shipping is much cheaper lol

Cheers:mug:

ReverseApacheMaster 09-18-2012 06:16 PM

Any salvage yards in your area? They may have some sitting around you could buy. They may need a good scrub but it's an option. Similarly, you might be able to find some 7.5 gallon sanke kegs. It would require a different connector but it's also an option.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.