Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Changing Ingredients in Mr. Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
beergynt
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 10

The Basic Brewing guys did a video on a Mr. Beer batch they brewed. There are some great tips on how to get more out of your kits. Doing some of these things will also help you ease into brewing extract and steeping grains on a little larger scale.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
stevehardt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Mike-try to let it sit 3 weeks to carb and bottle condition. I know its tough to wait, but you'll get a lot better beer.

What are you thinking about for the next batch?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #23
MikeBergan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Steve - I will do what I can to make myself wait out the time... but may stick a bottle or two in the fridge somewhere after 7-10 days... just for experimentation

Next batch will be the Mr Beer West Coast Pale Ale HME... but I am debating on trying a partial mash this time, even if just for a little bit of color. I really don't like overly sweet or citrus-y beers, so I would like to bump this one up a little.

I already have a pound of Muntons Plain Light DME sitting here that I can add in, to try and up the malty feel, but would like to work out a small grain bill that might add some body or at least a little color and smooth out the flavor a bit

Attention, please, for a very important announcement...

BEER!!!

That is all

Quick Reply