Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Chance of contamination once FG is established?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
MrWhleDr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Chance of contamination once FG is established?

What is the chance for contamination if beer has fermented from 51 down to 11? Basically I took three reading in three days and it is staying right at 11. My concern is i did not sanitize my hydro tube that came in contact with my cane that I used to pull from the carboy. I had to draw eight canes worth each time to fill enough for the readings. Am i a paranoid freak that needs to invest in a thief? It might be over the top, but I just cannot help but think i messed up. Thanks for all the replies.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
menschmaschine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

It will probably be alright. Beer is less of an infection risk than wort. Heck, I once dropped a [relatively clean] paper towel in cooled wort and the beer didn't get infected. In general though, it's best to sanitize anything that comes into contact with wort or beer.

END TRANSMISSION

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply