Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > cerveza

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
jonp9576
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default cerveza

i am loking to brew a mexican style cerveza. i spoke with someone from austin homebrew about their gold seal cerveza. he said this is an ale so i wont have to worry about lagering. i was under the impression that corona was a lager. is the ahs gold seal cerveza more like a dos equis? i am not by any means trying to brew corona, but i am looking for a lighter colored and flavored cerveza to throw a lime in.

On Tap:warrior apa
On Tap: crystal light
On Tap:BM's centenial blonde
"Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies."-BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp9576 View Post
i am loking to brew a mexican style cerveza. i spoke with someone from austin homebrew about their gold seal cerveza. he said this is an ale so i wont have to worry about lagering. i was under the impression that corona was a lager. is the ahs gold seal cerveza more like a dos equis? i am not by any means trying to brew corona, but i am looking for a lighter colored and flavored cerveza to throw a lime in.
It will be as close to what you want without you using lager yeast and needing a dedicated fridge for lagering. It will be fine.

Basically it is using the same grainbill, but using a yeast that is easier for people to brew.

Enjoy.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

sounds great. i am trying to get my girlfriend more into the brewing process, and she doesnt like the srtong ales i have been making. i know she loves corona, so if this has a little of that taste i'll throw a lime in it for her and she'll be happy

"Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies."-BierMuncher

Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

also, anyone think i should try the muntons or coopers cerveza over the AHS gold one?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
sounds great. i am trying to get my girlfriend more into the brewing process, and she doesnt like the srtong ales i have been making. i know she loves corona, so if this has a little of that taste i'll throw a lime in it for her and she'll be happy
If you haven't ordered the kit yet and want something that she will like, look at some of Biermuncher's recipes, especially the SWMBO slayer or Cream of the 3 crops, or centennial blonde....I actually did the swmbo slayer with lime zest and lime flavoring, and made something that was better than Bud light lime for last summer.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

wow, sounds like a great choice. i like bud lime on sunny days. maybe i'll try that one out. and not make it taste like i am sucking on a lime though

Old 10-17-2008, 02:01 AM   #7
BPD
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
so far I have two that I brewed. #1 is from Annapolis home brew that was a lager that I brewed at about 62 to 64 rather than true lagering temps, turned out OK. # 2 is Midwest Supplies Brewmart prehopped 20 min boil using an ale yeast at 68. It is bottled for a week now and is a little deeper gold than corona but similar, maybe a little heavier flavor. (edit: had one tonight after only a week in the bottle and 1 day in the fridge, is very good a little more amber than corona but close in taste still a tad bit green but very good. My wife tasted it and it is definitely a brew she will drink) AHS was going to be my third that I brew in March/April for June to Aug let me know how it turns out

Quick Reply