The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > CDA partial mash adding water?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
mzemmel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default CDA partial mash adding water?

So this is my 7th batch and the first time I've kegged my beer. I made a partial mash cascadian dark ale (OG 1.075) it fermented just fine and when I racked into secondary I only yielded 4 gal or so. I was a bit disappointed being that I started with 6 gal in my boil. I dry hopped in secondary approx 2.0 0z of hops along with a bunch during the boil/flame out. So I though that due to the lower amount of beer in secondary, the beer would be overpowered with hops so I decided to add 1 gal of sterilized water and let that sit for 2 weeks in secondary. Was this the right decision given the heaviness of the beer and the amount of hops required? Just trying to get some feedback. Also, should I start with 7 gal next time? I've never had this problem in my prior batches so don't know what happened. Thanks for your input.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply