Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Carbing just a couple beers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
RootDownBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carbing just a couple beers?

I keg everything I brew now but would still like to be able to enter my beers in competitions. Unfortunately my kegs don't have a bleed valve so bottling from the keg would be very difficult I would think.

I am thinking about brewing a gallon more each time and just bottling 4-6 beers but was wondering if there is a formula to go by for carbing such a small amount of beer? I've seen the tablets but have many mixed reviews.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
COLObrewer
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 4

1/2 teaspoon of dextrose for 12oz should carb your beers, I've never used the tablets so can't say anything about those, sometimes you have to be quick on the capping. If you have a picnic tap on your keg, you can simply connect a bottling wand to the end of it (The small ones fit in the end of the picnic tap perfectly) and bottle from there and then cap.

Newer, better, more streamlined sig as per the forum police.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
derte
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

when kegging I bottle about a 12 pack with the coopers carb tabs and the reset into the keg - works every time and I don't have to worry about measuring dextrose or corn sugar... 1 tab for 12oz and 2 tabs for 22oz

Quick Reply