Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Carbing with DME vs corn sugar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
drunde77
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carbing with DME vs corn sugar

Hello, I am curious as to what the difference would be to carb with dme vs sugar. Is there a big taste difference?

Also, I have a batch of brown ale (I will have to check the final gravity) that is down to about 4 gallons. Is there a way I could bump this up to 5 when I keg this? I want to carb this naturally....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
duboman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 486 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunde77
Hello, I am curious as to what the difference would be to carb with dme vs sugar. Is there a big taste difference?

Also, I have a batch of brown ale (I will have to check the final gravity) that is down to about 4 gallons. Is there a way I could bump this up to 5 when I keg this? I want to carb this naturally....
Some people report that priming with DME provides a fuller, creamier beer with a denser head but keep in mind you need more to prime and because of the more complex sugar chains carbonation time increase quite a bit.

As to your second question, if you add water to the finished beer you will dilute it and water it down-IMO you enjoy your 4 gallons

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply