Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Candi-sugar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Randolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Candi-sugar

Hey fellow brewers, I brew 2 gal. batches in the old Mr. Beer LBK's I am planning on brewing the Abbey Dubell.I've got all the goodies.LME,Yeast,Adjuncts etc.,but wandered what dark candi-sugar "Rocks" would add to the recipe.In your opinions,will it add anything to the recipe.If so,how much should i use for a 2.13 gal batch,and when should I add it at boil,flameout or when.TIA for your guidance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
TOWEYWACKER
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I brewed an Abbey Dubbel about a month ago. Gonna take the first swig in September. The candi-sugar will boost the OG, add fermentables to the wort, thus boosting the final ABV. I used two pounds for a 5 gallon batch, but many recipes call for one pound per 5 gallon batch. So, if your following my routine, add about a pound of the sugar for a 2.13 gallon batch. If you want to follow other recipes, add about a half a pound. Add the sugar directly to the boil with 15 minutes left.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply