Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Canadian and Toronto Members look here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #51
TheGreatGatsby
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I placed an order from beersupplies.ca last Friday for some Amarillo and MaltoDextrin and it arrive this Tuesday. Nicely packaged as well.

I also spoke with the owner over the phone and he seemed like a great guy who was willing to discuss home brewing and generally be accommodating about getting in particular yeast etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #52
brewmastercontrols
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Home Brewing Sources a Year Later

I recently moved to the Barrie area just north of Toronto. I was doing some looking here for local sources and found this thread. Based on the fact it is over a year old is anyone willing to provide some updates?

Further has anyone had any luck buying supplies from the places that brew beer in small batches for customers such as:

Simcoe Brewing - Barrie Ontario's finest custom made beer, wine, cider and liquers. Beer making and wine making supplies.

they say they will sell to home brewers and are local. Seems they would be able to give good prices as well?

Any information on brewing clubs in the local area would be great also.

Cheers

Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #53
idle
Recipes 

Randy has since opened a storefront in Brampton and continues to grow. His list of available items is impressive. Prices are still a bit high, not too bad.

I have never tried one of those custom made services.

Last year I looked into starting an online store. Went as far as to secure some wholesale accounts. Never went through with it but still have the accounts. If you like, feel free to pm me any supplies you are looking for and I will quote a price to you. I can get most equipment, additives, ingredients (not sure about grains/hops because I would have to buy a min quantity) and good prices on kits and syrups etc. Also goes for some alcohol equipment/ingredients.

I also have some Temperature Control units available at a reasonable price.

Welcome to GTA

Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #54
Rubes
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Since this thread was bumped anwyay, might I suggest

Brewer's Pantry - Canada's Premier Homebrewing Source

It's a new online store in Whitby, good prices and selection. I picked up my order since I live close, but the shipping rates seem to be reasonable as well. He has a sale going on right now, $1/lb for base grains. I really hope this place does well, it's awesome having a place so close by!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #55
stevet
Recipes 

I am a little further SW from a lot of you guys. I am in Sarnia but go to Danny's in London. Was a wine place but a spike in beer brewers has increased their stock. Family run business that has been around a while. If you are within an hour or so of London it's worth the trip.
The other place I go is in port Huron MI. No issues bringing anything over the border. Usually get guards that are interested in brewing.
Cheers

Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #56
brewmastercontrols
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Due to the lack of a homebrewing club north of Toronto serving those of us in the Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia, and surrounding area we have founded one! Click the link below to get to our facebook page.

If you live in the area click the like button so you will be updated for our next meeting and general news. It is our goal to have enough members for JULY meeting! Help us get there!

Simcoe Muskoka Homebrewers

Even if you are not in the area help us with a "like", after we get some number we get a real URL from facebook and can publish the link much better in the local stores etc.

Cheers.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #57
dr_sanch
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

From Montreal here... Recently discovered a GREAT place for anything beer related. Little place called Mout International. Supposedly they supply something like 90% (could be off here) of all the micro-breweries in Quebec.

http://www.biereetvin.com/english/english.htm

Not sure if they ship outside of Quebec but worth a shot.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #58
inturnldemize
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm from Montreal. We are lucky here as we have lots of good local brews and brew pubs. There is even one corner store in town that has an entire portion of the store dedicated to local micro brews. I believe they have 200+ beers. It's literally a beer heaven.

Here's the link: http://www.depanneurpeluso.com/

"Beer fermentation is the most ugly, yet beautiful thing a home brewer can experience." -Me

Please, people, for the love of beer, do not drink your brew out of the bottle. Beer is a beautiful thing and the least it deserves is a clean glass.

Follow A&M Beer Reviews on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AM-Beer-Reviews/343042525716025

Old 06-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
Geordan
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inturnldemize
I'm from Montreal. We are lucky here as we have lots of good local brews and brew pubs. There is even one corner store in town that has an entire portion of the store dedicated to local micro brews. I believe they have 200+ beers. It's literally a beer heaven.

Here's the link: http://www.depanneurpeluso.com/
A big thumbs up for Depanneur Peluso! Was there on the long weekend and spent a lot of time (and money) browsing their fantastic selection of QC craft.

As for the previous topic, I can highly recommend Brewers Pantry on Whitby; Spencer has a good selection, great prices and excellent customer service. It is always my first choice for brewing supplies.

Quick Reply