Originally Posted by spiffcow
Well, it's back up to 60* now, and I'm seeing some activity. There's not more than 1/2" krausen, but at this point maybe it's just the temp and the defoamer I used during the brew process (first time using it, so I don't know how much it reduces the foam). I'll give it until tomorrow morning to decide, and pitch again if it doesn't seem to be taking off. I don't want to spend more money on this cursed batch if I can avoid it.. I missed my temps, burned the LME because I forgot to stir, and froze the beer. I think it might be a sign from the beer gods that I should just let this one go.
What was the outcome? I just did the same thing. Thermostat programming error on my temp-controlled freezer. Fermenter was nearly frozen for about 24 hours. Need advice.