Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > can i bottle this way?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
pcolson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default can i bottle this way?

i currently have a brew in my bottling bucket and was wondering if i could just hook the bottle filler to the end of my siphon and bottle is my my 6 gal class carboy?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

So do you just want to transfer the beer from bottling bucket to a different carboy or use the auto-siphon with attached filler to fill regular bottles? Does your bottling bucket not have a spigot?

Old 08-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
pcolson
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yes my bottling bucket has a spigot but i wanted to just fill the bottles from my glass carboy i was wondering if this would work im not transfering it just bottling straight from the secondary...

Old 08-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Parker36
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Transfer to the bottling bucket. You need to add your priming sugar anyway, and the best way to get that to mix is to rack ontop of it. Also, I'm pretty sure that everytime the bottle filler stops, the siphon will have to be restarted. 10x easier to just wash the bottling bucket and use it for its intended purpose.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2732 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

It's not a good I dea to bottle from primary or secondary...becasue you have let you beer settle, and the yeast fall out of suspension along with sediment. In order to integrate the priming solution with the beer, you would then end up stirring up what you just patiently waited to settle out...

Plus honestly it is a pita to use a siphon to bottle, and you may end up oxydizing the beer, with constantly breaking siphons...

Do your self a favor and go get a white bucket from your hardware store, and you can get a plastic spigot from the camping section of walmarts..or go get a botlling bucket from your lhbs.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
pcolson
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

rgr... will do...

Quick Reply