Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Calculating Volume of Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #11
mattd2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 245 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_leon View Post
Yeah I admit I wasn't doing a great job with the calculations. I found an online calculator that would give me the cubic inches and then I just googled cubic inches to gallons. Math was never my strong suit. -bows head in shame-
You didn't mess up the calculations, the only thing you did was make the mistake of putting "feet" instead of "inches" in the OP, your maths worked out correct.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
freisste
Recipes 

Liked 294 Times on 245 Posts

I didn't actually do the math so I don't know what mistake (if any, aside from writing the wrong units) occurred. I just thought it was kind of funny. Didn't mean to make a big deal of it either; I just knew his volume SHOULDN'T be larger than my master bedroom.

OP, sounds like you've gotten yourself on the right track with online calculators. Any other issues, feel free to ask. I'll try not to make fun of simple errors.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #13
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 860 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 112

10151 gallons of beer! 327.45 bbls!

need help drinking that?

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 10-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
freisste
Recipes 

Liked 294 Times on 245 Posts

I only brew 5 gallons at a time. Sounds like OP DOES have it right. We should all be so lucky.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
milo_leon
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freisste View Post
I only brew 5 gallons at a time. Sounds like OP DOES have it right. We should all be so lucky.
hahaha I do brew 5 gals at a time. Ended up with ~4 gals after secondary fermentation. Probably will look into a 6 gal carboy in the future so I can have more delicious beer.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 860 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo_leon View Post
hahaha I do brew 5 gals at a time. Ended up with ~4 gals after secondary fermentation. Probably will look into a 6 gal carboy in the future so I can have more delicious beer.
no, man... up your game to 300 barrels! put the rest of our pipelines to shame!

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Quick Reply