Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > buntons dry spraymalt extract question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
tyler37075
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default buntons dry spraymalt extract question

Bear with me guys....I'm a neebie to this. I have a 1lb muntons dry spraymalt that I want to add to a no boil liquid extract. My question is how long do I boil the dry extract and how much water do I need to boil it in?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts

first of all, welcome to the forum!!!!! now, on to business. www.howtobrew.com that'll help with alot of your questions. normal boil time is 60 min. you need some hops with that chief! read the website. sounds like it'll change your brewing.

What's tappening? :D

Old 03-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4947 Times on 3584 Posts
Likes Given: 1000

Does your no boil kit call for sugar? If it does, you can consider the DME (dry malt extract) a replacement for the sugar. I'd just boil up a little water (subtract it from the amount in the kit), like a quart, and then dissolve the DME in it. Since it's already been boiled when it was made, you can just boil it a little to make sure it's dissolved, then cool it and use it in your no-boil kit.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 03-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #4
solidghost
Recipes 

I think those malt extract doesn't need much of a boil since the hot break have already been removed by the manufacturer. The reason for boiling is to sterilized the wort and to add hops.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
tyler37075
Recipes 

Default word of thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. My kit has a booster that is all sugar. As you can imagine it gives the beer a cidery taste. I was just wanting to substitute the dme for the sugar and hopefully end up with about the same alcohol content and a better tasting beer. I'll check out the above mentioned link!!! Thanks again and happy brewing!!!

Quick Reply