The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bung in carboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
jeffersonrbailey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bung in carboy

So while cooking my second batch (first still in primary) myself and some friends were diligently adding to my supply of empty bottles. Pitched yeast and put bung in and all the way in I mean. Right into the future beer. Do I need to rack to a secondary or should I just let it finish in primary? If I should transfer then how soon? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
Hex23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 45

What's done is done. No sense in transferring as that will just increase any chance of problems. I've seen lots of stories on here of unsanitized things being dropped into the fermenter and the beer still turned out fine. Just put a new airlock on it. Or if you don't have one handy, at least cover it with sanitized foil till you can get one.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
jeffersonrbailey
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Cool. Thanks. I was able to rig up a blow off so no worries there. Bung was sanitized right before I pushed it in too. Was just worried about getting a rubber flavor if I didn't rack to secondary. It's a pale ale kit that came with my equipment kit so if it does turn out tasting bad i won't be too upset.

Quick Reply