Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bud Light clone
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #21
Cider123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow Revy, that's a lot of typing.

All good, valid points though. I'm a little tired now, I think I'll go drink a beer. This was like work.

I like beer

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Gixxer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 148

You guys say you dont like Budweiser? What about Budweiser Budvar? hehe... They actually have that here in the local area.

On Deck Pumpkin Ale 2014, FBS clone, Port oaked amber, Old Rasputin Clone, 15% RIS

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Why delete Revvy's comment? I was looking forward to reading it.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
techbrewie
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb82 View Post
Why not? You might not like it, I don't like it. But there are A LOT of people in this country who think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. A lot of people will only drink it no matter what so for I'm sure someone out there who wants to make something that their friends will drink they had to try and see if they can. Also if you can make it maybe you can find a way to make it better. One of those reverse engineering things.
This is because a combination of prohibition and 2 world wars destroyed the micro/macrobrew industry, only a few companies survived. One was named Annheuser Busch. American light lagers are popular simply because they were the only companies that and manufactured and mass distributed beer. The reason they survived is because their beer is cheap to produce and carries a huge margin percentage. Mcdonalds is one of the largest, most profitable restaurant chains in the country. That doesn't mean it's food is gourmet. Dont mistake good business for good beer.

That being said, the american light lager is a legitimate and tastey style of brew. To stay with the analagy, you can buy a burger at McDonalds and make a burger at home. They're both Hamburgers, but they are not the same product.

Brew long and Prosper... May the wort be with you... Yippeekayay master brewers... You had me at free beer.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #25
Lavender_Pepper
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbrewie View Post
This is because a combination of prohibition and 2 world wars destroyed the micro/macrobrew industry, only a few companies survived. One was named Annheuser Busch.
Similarly, I always wonder what would have happened with St Louis's brew industry had the Trappists stayed at Cahokia.

Also, on the AmLtLgr topic: I have a PBR clone written down somewhere (so much rice solids) that I always threaten to brew for a local brewfest under the name "Hipster Juice" but my lagering capabilities are... not well regulated.
Primary: Fat Tire Clone

Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Cider123
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryAvgGuy View Post
Why delete Revvy's comment? I was looking forward to reading it.
Yeah, where did it go? I didn't see anything so wrong that it had to be removed.

I like beer

Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbrewie View Post
That being said, the american light lager is a legitimate and tastey style of brew. To stay with the analagy, you can buy a burger at McDonalds and make a burger at home. They're both Hamburgers, but they are not the same product.
Tasty? I suppose if I had the choice between drinking horse piss and Budlight I would choose the latter of the two.

Its OKAY and not anti-american to bash the Bud.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
RCCOLA
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Tasty? I suppose if I had the choice between drinking horse piss and Budlight I would choose the latter of the two.

Its OKAY and not anti-american to bash the Bud.
So is the point of your thread to bash fellow homebrewers who have different tastes in beers than you?

Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #29
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCOLA View Post
So is the point of your thread to bash fellow homebrewers who have different tastes in beers than you?
No my friend. I am just curious why one would expend the effort to make crappy tasting (IMO) beer when there are so many more flavorful options.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #30
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4636 Times on 3367 Posts
Likes Given: 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCOLA View Post
Quote:
No my friend. I am just curious why one would expend the effort to make crappy tasting (IMO) beer when there are so many more flavorful options.
Well, I don't like Belgians. I don't come onto a forum and tell people that they are ignorant if they like something I don't. I could call Belgians "bubblegum fruit drops" and all kinds of things because I don't like them.

People like what they like. Saying things like it's "horse piss" and that stuff just make people sound silly. If you don't like it, bully for you. But others do. But acting like it's cool to be an arrogant jerk isn't "cool" at all- it's ridiculous.

Tell you what. When you brew a perfect Bud Light clone, please share it with us. Instead of denigrating it, why not find out about the style, and then find out that it's probably THE hardest brew to homebrew perfectly. Until then, you just sound like an arrogant beer snob who doesn't appreciate what he doesn't understand.
martiniw2olives Likes This 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply