Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Bucket blowoff tube

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
dk21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default Bucket blowoff tube

Hi all,

I'm on my second brew and I'm really enjoying making beer! I just made a tripel last night. I had read that folks were fitting blowoff tubes to buckets by putting 1.5" tubing on a 3 piece airlock. How in the world do you get it on the airlock tube? My LHBS had heard of the idea so we tried it and couldn't get it to fit on.

Anyway, he happened to have a 3 piece airlock without a floater and cap so he cut it so only the stem remained. The tubing fit on there just fine and I got it on just in time. Things are pretty violent right now.

I wanted to share a tip that I hadn't come across yet...the owner suggested using a 1 gallon water jug as the container for the end of the tube and guiding the tube down the handle. That way, the tube won't go anywhere. You can actually pick it up by the tube this way. It's working well so far.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Yep, this is a good idea and many do it. I do it when I use a bucket and an aggressive yeast. The larger tube is for a carboy, it fits right down into the neck of the bottle so you don't need the airlock part.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply