Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > bubbling into airlock

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
benpen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bubbling into airlock

Just made some edworts apfelwein and it started fermenting last nite sometime. Got up this morning and it had bubbled into the airlock. It is still bubbling so should i wait and clean out the airlock later or just leave it. Or should i clean it out immediately. Any ways just another dumb a newbie question. Thanks for all the help.

Ben

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2775 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Go here, read this, do it, all is well.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...15&postcount=2

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
Go Gators
Recipes 

+1 on the blow off. If you don't have the tubing on hand, I would just clean it out after it stops bubbling into the airlock. Otherwise you may be cleaning it a lot. Just make sure you have vodka or sanitizer in the airlock.

On Tap - Sam Adam's Boston Lager
Next - Nothing at the moment
Reading - Radical Brewing

GO GATORS!

Old 08-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
l3uerger
Recipes 

only made the apfelwein once (it is good just haven't gotten around to the next batch ;P)
but i was under the impression it wasn't supposed to blow off? what kind of yeast did u use?

Quick Reply