Originally Posted by georgevct
First off thanks for all the awesome advice as a new and first time brewer this has been great. I brewed my first batch and am now waiting. I may start a second batch but to take all the awesome advice into one post. Here are my questions:
1. Since the strainer was small and before I buy a bigger one. Can BBS kit be used in a BIAB (brew in bag) style If so what or how does it change?
2. I like the idea of honey in water and then adding the bottle. What is the best level for honey and water to use? Or sugar?
3. How would one know if the bear has bacteria and the sterilization went off.
4. What is the best way to clean the bottling bottles?
5. I have seen very little bubbles in the airlock but I do seem them in the bottle although very small
Sorry for all the newbie questions but I appreciate all the great advice.
1. Yes....I actually got a cheap strainer that matches the diameters of my pots, holds up to 3 pounds of grain but a bag is easy.
2. I add 2 tablespoons of honey now (about 1 oz) and get a nice carb. The kits call for 3 but unless you get a full gallon to bottle with, you will end up with a pretty high carb level, something I used to like but now moved away from
3. There is an infected thread on this board, post pics of anything you think is unusual but its probably not infected
4. There are also several posts, including Revvy's bottling tips thread on how to clean the bottles. Many ways to skin a cat...you can do it by hand, soak them all in a bucket or use a dishwasher
5. You have bubbles in the bottled beer? Sorry, I don't get you last question...hope this all helped