Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewing West Coast Pale Ale with Mr. Beer kit.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
mfjoker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing West Coast Pale Ale with Mr. Beer kit.

Hello guys

I got two cans of WCPA (350 gr. each)
I don't have a booster and yeast.
What yeast would be good for this type of beer (from mr. beer shop). Any strain good for ales? or may be something special?

Should i get booster too or i can use 2 cans for one batch and this will be enough?

In case with booster: should I bring water to a boil, turn off heat, dissolve booster, bring again to boil, turn off heat and dissolve HME and then boil for 10 mins (or more time for boiling 30-60 mins???) ?

In case without booster (just using second can as source for extra sugar): should I bring water to a boil, turn off heat, dissolve HME and then boil for 10 mins (or more time for boiling 30-60 mins???) ??

I think i will not rehydrate yeast for my very first batches. I will just get wort to the temperature of around 25C and sprinkle yeast on the surface and shake good for aeration.

Thank you in advance.

Happy brewing day!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply