Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewing up a Linthwaite Light

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
drbell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing up a Linthwaite Light

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this beer (it was a random selection in the homebrew shop) but I have prepared the kit and it should now be starting to ferment.

Full details on my blog here:
http://bellsbeer.wordpress.com/2008/...thwaite-light/

Starting my second brew seemed much quicker and easier than the first - a result of a little more organisation and a little more confidence I think.

I followed the instructions as closely as possible. This included the use of the hops bag, and rehydrating the yeast before pitching - neither of which we done with the Munton's IPA I did previously.

Also of note was the temperature of the beer when I pitched the yeast - just 14 degrees C because of my very cold water from my cold tap. I pitched anyway, and warmed the bucket up a little with a hair drier afterwards - hope this will be ok.

Fermenting: Linthwaite Light
Bottled: Munton's IPA
Next in Line: Possibly a Stout - any suggestions?

Check out my latest progress on my blog: http://bellsbeer.wordpress.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Duke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just completed my second batch myself. Definately more confident but not ready to take any risks. Good luck with this batch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply