Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > brewing other types of alchohol in a beer brewing kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
jeffcraft
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default brewing other types of alchohol in a beer brewing kit

i want to buy a coopers diy kit, and i will brew the beer that comes with it but i was also curious if i could use it for other types of alchoholic beverages like mead, hard cider, and wine or would i need to buy all new equiptment to do all that

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
frazier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 7

No problem whatsoever. Usual sanitation procedures apply. Cheers!

~
"Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly." ~~ Mae West

Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
zzARzz
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcraft View Post
i want to buy a coopers diy kit, and i will brew the beer that comes with it but i was also curious if i could use it for other types of alchoholic beverages like mead, hard cider, and wine or would i need to buy all new equiptment to do all that
It should work fine for those other things, though for the long fermentation/aging periods involved with mead, cider and wine (sometimes 12 months +) it would better to get an additional glass 3-6 gallon carboy with a stopper and airlock so they don't tie up your primary fermenting bucket.

Quick Reply