Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewing a Fruit Beer-few questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
BDevil9797
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing a Fruit Beer-few questions

Hey everyone. Tonight I am going to brew a recipe I picked up from my LHBS called "forbidden fruit white" and have a few questions...

What is the ideal fermenting temperature for this batch?

The recipe calls for vodka: 8oz. of vodka with ground coriander seeds and dried orange peels. The solid ingredients sit in the vodka during the fermenting period. The vodka is then strained through a coffee filter and added to the bottling bucket. Leads to the second question- in the abscence of a coffee grinder... how should I grind the coriander seeds?

any help is of course greatly appreciated...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
RevRon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A coffee grinder would be the easiest but if you do not have one you have a few different options. You could use a mortar and pestle like they did in the olde days. You could also use a rolling pin however this isn't very efficient. Probably the least labor intensive option though would be to put them in a food processor. If you don't have the tools to do any of the above then just soak them whole in the vodka until the get mushy then just smoosh them up with your fingers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply